Banana and chocolate is such a classic combination and what better way to combine them than in a cake. Although made from the same cakemix, the banana layer on the bottom is dense and moist while the chocolate (or rather cocoa) sponge on top is fluffy and light.
Banana chocolate cake
2 mature bananas
2 dl of vegetable oil
2 dl of sugar
1 dl of milk
2 tsp of baking powder
2 dl of flour
1 1/2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Mush your bananas in a bowl.
- Whisk together vegetable oil and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add eggs one by one and whisk thoroughly, then add milk and mix.
- Lastly add baking powder and flour and mix until even.
- Separate the batter by pouring half of it into the bowl with the mushed bananas and mixing.
- Then add unsweetened cocoa in the batter without the bananas and mix that together.
- Pour the banana cake mix into a buttered baking pan and then pour the cocoa mix on top and bake on a mid-rack for 20-25 minutes.