I like eating with my fingers. I think, essentially everyone does. There’s something comforting about it, like being on a picnic without a care in the world. While it’s still to cold for picnics in the open, that’s no reason to not eat picnic food. These savoury muffins are the perfect excuse to eat with your fingers and make convenient grab-and-go lunches.
This recipe is quite versatile as you can change the filling as you’d like. Not a fan of brussel sprouts, why not try cauliflower, broccoli or mushrooms. Instead of bacon, you could try chicken, cheese or tuna. It really is up to you.
1 dl of vegetable oil
1 dl of milk
250 g flour
2 dl of creme fraiche (18 %)
1 tsp of baking powder
1½ tsp of baking soda
150 gr of diced bacon or ham
200 gr of brussel sprouts
- Prepare your filling by lightly frying bacon and brussel sprouts in a pan to a semi-cooked state.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix creme fraiche, milk and vegetable oil while stirring in the filling.
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder until it’s become a uniform dough.
- Fill your muffin tray (or cups) and bake for about 20-25 minutes and golden on top.